Thursday, July 9, 2020

Matching Card & Envelope with Brutus Monroe


Hello Brutus Monroe fans!  Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer.
Today I'm bringing you this adorable card with a matching envelope using products from:


I'm using:


I started with my stenciling my envelope.  Using the Ergonomic blending Brush and
 Simon Hurley Inks, I kept the yellow (Sike) around the main part of the flower and 
used the red (Bee Sting) in-between each of the flowers.  


Knowing I wanted to use colored pencil for my stamped image, I also
stenciled a piece of Bristol Board and then die cut it with a
cross stitched banner die which measures 2 3/4" x 3 1/2".


Next I stamped my little mouse image onto White Wash card stock and
colored it using colored pencils...using browns and yellows.  Then I
fussy cut my image out.


I prepared my base using an A2 size top folding note card made from the
White Wash card stock.  It's my favorite alternative to basic white!  I took my
panel of background paper and cut it to 3 3/4" x 5 1/2".  I wrapped some
yellow and white twine around the bottom of it and secured it in place
on the back.  Then I adhered this base to my panel with foam tape.


Next I took my stenciled die cut banner and stamped my sentiment on it in
the upper right corner.  I adhered my little mouse with a wobble action spring.  As 
a final embellishment I added some enamel heart and my project was done!


Before I send this I will put a protective coating on the envelope as the
inks are very water reactive.  I was very pleased at how this set turned
out!  What a great way to send a greeting to a loved one! Brutus Monroe
products are wonderful to create with!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your time, 
interest and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment