Friday, July 3, 2020

Floral Border with Rachel Vass Designs



Hello everyone!  Hope you are all doing well.  Can you believe we are in JULY!!!!!
This has been one strange summer!!!!!  Today I'm bringing you a
New Release from:

Floral Border



This is such a fabulous release!  I just love that it's for Slimline cards - which
I'm obsessed with right now!  And the sentiments!!!!!  It makes me so happy to see
vertical sentiments like these!
To begin I printed out my image onto Neenah 80lb. Classic Crest Solar White
card stock.  The way these designs are configured it was pretty much bring up
the design and print!  EASY!
Next I colored my images.  I wanted this to be sort of soft and summery, but
more soft than bright.


I wanted quite a bit of yellow...so summery!  But yellow often times seems a bit
garish...plus we're not friends. 😒 I find yellow somewhat of a challenge.  I did
decided to do a fair amount of glazing with my Copics.


Copic markers used:

Yellow:  Y00, Y11, Y02, Y13, YR23 Glaze: E30 or E51
Green:  YG11, G40, G12, G24  Glaze:  E30
Coral:  R00, E93, RV42, R81  Centers:  Yellows  Glaze: G40
Shadows:  BV31 on outer edges  BV0000 on inner edges


By glazing the yellows and greens it muted them just enough so they weren't
overly bright.
After all of the coloring was done, I watered down Perfect Pearls in Blush and
used that as a splatter on my panel.  I tried to stay fairly clear of the sentiment.


I used a die from Pink Fresh to cut my panel to  size.  I wanted to use a
specialty paper to mount my panel on.  


I used the textured piece behind my panel and made my card base from the
blush pearlized paper.  I added some pale pink gems all over the panel - keeping
them mostly to the sides.  And that finished my card!


After I was done photographing this, I used the backdrop paper and made an
envelope for my card using dies from Trinity stamps!

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Rachel's designs are so lovely to
work with.  Find this and other gorgeous images at:


Thank you for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...