Monday, June 8, 2020

Sea You Soon with Brutus Monroe!



Hello everyone!  Hope you are all doing well!  Today I'm sharing more ocean
goodness from Brutus Monroe!
In this project I'll be using:


First I chose the papers I would be working with.  I chose the blue/green
Mermaid Skin as my background and an all over pattern from the 
Sea Sparkle Paper Pack.


Next I took a 6" x 6" piece of white card stock and folded it in half for my base.
I die cut a scalloped rectangle from the Blue/Green Mermaid Skin and adhered it
onto the front of the folded card base.  I also fussy cut elements from the pink
patterned paper.


I had arranged how I wanted the elements placed along the bottom of my card to
look like the ocean floor.  I laid a piece of Press'N Seal on this so it would stay.
I flipped it over and adhered the left side of the elements and gently laid it on my
card base.  My initial layout was too long so with a few adjustments they fit
perfectly along the bottom.
Next I stamped out my image and sentiment on Neenah 80lb Classic Crest
Solar White card stock.  


I colored both with Copic markers.  Colors used:

Whale:  B12, B32, B28, B23, YG11, YG06, YG09
Sentiment:  B000

After the coloring was finished I adhered the whale to the upper right
corner of my card with foam tape.  I used a shimmer pen on his body
and crystal glaze for his eyes.  Once the eyes were dry I put a dot on
each one with a white gel pen.  I adhered the sentiment flat on the 
upper left corner of the card.


I also went over the gold colored bits on the patterned paper with the shimmer pen.
Using some liquid glue that remains tacky when dry, I went along the bottom of the
card adding the glue in the empty spaces between the cut elements.  When it was
dry I added Blue Shimmer Flakes.  They really tend to look like bits of sea glass!  I also
added some to the sentiment.  As a final embellishment I adhered flat-backed
acrylic bubbles.  And that finished my project!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  It was so fun to make!  And the new
Mermaid Skin!!!!!!  Tilting it in the light brings out the different colors!

Other products used:

Copic Markers
Foam Tape
ScraPerfect - Best Glue Ever
Ink Road Stamps - Clear Acrylic Bubbles
Spectrum Noir - Shimmer Pen
Nuvo - Crystal Glaze
Jelly Roll - #10 White Gel Pen
Trinity Stamps - Narrow Card & Bookmark/Envelope Die

Thank you for stopping by and reading my post today.  I hope it inspires
you to create your own sea world!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.
 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...