Saturday, June 6, 2020

Sunshine Daisies with Rachel Vass Designs


Hello everyone!  It's New Release Saturday with


First I laid out my images in my computer.  I printed it out onto copy paper just
to make sure the sizing was right and then I copied it onto patterned paper.  This
is a very soft yellow print that I thought would be perfect for Sunshine & Daisies!


I only wanted to do minimal coloring on this.  The flower centers were colored
with Copic markers:  YG00, Y15, Y38.  I added Y38 dots to the highlighted bits
of the centers.  The greens: YG11, YG23, YG17, YG67.  I wanted the petals
of the daisies to be white so I used a white gel pen.  I also added dots to the middle
using the white gel pen.


I felt the image needed a bit more definition and color.  Using a Y21 marker, I
went all around the edges of the image.  I would start by placing my pen at the
edge of the image and flicking out.  By doing it this way, I didn't have to soften
the outer edges of this color when I was done.  

I felt this yellow "halo" was just what the image needed.  At this point I die cut
the image with a dotted rectangle die that was the exact size of an A2 card.  I
adhered it to a top folding white card base.  I added some yellow glitter glue to
the center of the daisies and to dot the "i's" in the sentiment.  I tied a lime
green piece of twine between the flowers and the sentiment and added a yellow
gem to the top.  And that completed my project!


This was a very uncomplicated card!  And so bright and cheery!  You'll
find this design at:


This design also has other sentiments, this bouquet in different sizes
and other stems of daisies and a no-line coloring version!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Stay well!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles