Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Joyous Moments with Rachel Vass Designs!


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a mid-week release with:




So I started with a definite plan and arranged my elements and sentiment.  I
printed them out on Neenah 80b Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  Next I
colored my image with Copic markers.


I used the following colors:

Greens:  YG11, G82, G94
Flower Centers:  C5, C7, 100
Pinks:  R00, R11, R32
Yellows:  Y00, Y21, YR61
Purples:  BV000, BV02, BV04


Next I cut away the right side of the flower cluster.  My original intent was to
have the flowers on the left, cut away on the right and the sentiment running
vertically up the right side on the inside of the card.  I wasn't really pleased 
with how this was going to look, so I had to find an alternative design.  I still wanted to 
off set the flowers, so I took a piece of black and white paper (Altenew) and covered an
A2 size top folding card base.  After further trimming out my flowers and 
marking where I wanted to cut them, I went around the edges with a black
water based marker.  I printed off a different sentiment from the Springtime
Background set and trimmed it with a narrow white border.  I adhered all
of the elements flat.  I used a shimmer pen (Spectrum Noir) on the flower
centers and added a few black enamel dots and that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I don't often change my mind quite so
drastically, but for this card I was so glad I did!  To find this digistamp set and
many others that Rachel has designed go to


Thanks for stopping by - stay well!!!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




2 comments:

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...