Saturday, May 16, 2020

Mock Orange Blossom with Rachel Vass Designs



Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you another new release from

Rachel Vass Designs:
Mock Orange Blossom

I had this color way in my mind, so although Mock Orange Blossoms are
a white flower with yellow centers,  I chose to go another way completely with
dark red blooms, cool grey leaves and gold centers.

To begin, I laid out my design in my computer and printed it off onto
Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.

I started coloring the leaves first.  I used the following Copic colors: C-0,
C-1, C-3, C-5, and C-7.  I left the tips of the leaves white.

Next I moved onto the blossoms.  For those I used the following Copic colors:
R20, R32, R35, R37, R89 and Y28 for the centers.

I was really afraid that my reds would bleed (ask me why! 😱).  So I actually
colored these petals completely backward than I normally do.  I started with the
deepest red and moved down really trying not to over saturate the paper.
When the petals were done, I colored in the gold middles.
I die cut my panel with a dotted rectangle die and mounted the panel onto
a light gray A2 size top folding card base.  And that finished my card!


You can find this design and many other beautiful floral digistamps 
in Rachel's Etsy shop:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



3 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out!! You made the image impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Cindy!!!! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete