Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Ferris Wheel of Fun with Brutus Monroe!



Hello all of you Brutus Monroe fans!  Today's project is so much fun!  Where I
grew up we had a large fair once a year.  It was always - and still is - in
September!  A ride on the ferris wheel at night when everything was lit up
with carnival lights cannot be compared to anything else!  For today's project
I'll be using the:


This is actually a fairly easy card to make!  I started by using the Boardwalk Die.
The paper I used is a Black suede paper from PaperWishes.com.  It has a very dense
color that I wanted for my die cut.  Once I die cut it, I trimmed off the frame
so it was just the ferris wheel.  Next I watercolored my background panel with
Metallic Aqua Pigments:  Rose, Gilded, Iris, Periwinkle
I taped a 5" x 7" piece of hot press watercolor paper to a board and just
lightly misted it with water.  These pigments are already in a liquid form so
too much water will wash out the color.  I started at the bottom with the gold and
went up adding Rose, then Iris, then Periwinkle using a flat 1" brush and a
back and forth motion.  Once it started to dry, I left it to dry completely and
then came back in with another coat.


Pictures do not do these Aqua Pigments justice because when they are dry they have
the most incredible shimmer ever!  They are so beautiful!  I stamped a sentiment from
the April 2020 Inspiration Kit onto gold glitter paper, trimmed it out and backed it with
more of the black suede paper.

Time to assemble everything together!


I adhered my ferris wheel onto my trimmed ( 4 1/4" x 5 1/2") background piece.
I used a liquid glue and placed dots of it around.  I didn't put glue everywhere. Then
I adhered this panel to a white top folding A2 size card base.


Next, I adhered my sentiment using foam tape.  I die cut a small circle of the gold glitter
paper for the middle of the ferris wheel and adhered that.  Then, I used gems
that were from Nuvo.  I essentially did 3 layers of gems on the ferris wheel with 
some at the bottom...underneath the sentiment.  I liked the variety of the shapes
of the gems and the colors.  I adhered one bigger gem in the center.  And that
finished my project.


I enjoyed making this card so much!  Not only for the memories, but because
I got a real chance to work with the Metallic Aqua Pigments!  I'll be 
experimenting more with these in the future!

Thanks for stopping by today!  

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment