Saturday, May 9, 2020

Romantic Ruffle with Rachel Vass Designs


Hello everyone!  I hope you are all doing well.  Today I'll show you
how I created this beautiful Peony card using:


To begin I sized my image in my computer.  I wanted this peony to
really make a statement so I sized it to about 5" across.  I then printed it
out onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.
I decided to color my image using Faber-Castel Polychromos colored
pencils.  For the flower centers I used Cad Yellow-107 and Cad Yellow
Dark-108.  For the petals I used Pink Madder Lake-129, Fuchsia-123,
Alizarin Crimson-226, Caput Mortum Violet-263 and Black-199.
I colored the entire peony first with the Pink Madder Lake-129.


Next, I colored petal by petal keeping the left side of the flower lighter.  I also
lightly marked out where my cut lines would be.  That way I didn't have to
color the entire flower.  To enhance the pencil coloring, I glazed the peony with
Copics.  On the darker right side I used R27, for a mid-tone I used R17, and
for the lighter left hand side I used R02.  For the center I used Y38.


Next I used a leafy embossing folder and embossed a piece of grey card stock
that measures 4 1/16" x 5 1/2".  


I adhered this to a top folding A2 size white card base
flush with the right side of the base, thus leaving a narrow white strip on the left
side of the card.  For a bit of definition I placed a narrow black glitter peel-off 
from Love From Lizi between the grey card stock and the white base.  I fussy 
cut the peony and adhered to the lower right corner of my card with foam tape.  For 
the sentiment I sized it on the computer, die cut it with a stitched square die and 
mounted it onto a piece of white card stock that I colored using a Copic - R35.  I 
adhered this 2-layer piece to a piece of black card stock and adhered it to the card in 
the upper left corner.  And my project was complete!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  This digital stamp is so gorgeous!

If you would like to see more of Rachel's work go to:


Thank you for stopping by!  Remember, if you have any questions
please don't hesitate to contact me!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment