Saturday, April 18, 2020

Doodle Flowers with Rachel Vass Designs!



Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well and keeping busy!  Today I'm
sharing a card I made with:

Doodle Flowers

Let's begin!  I sized my image to what I needed and then printed it onto patterned
paper.  I did this by first printing my design onto copy paper.  Then holding that up to the light
I first placed another sheet of copy paper on top of that and then my patterned paper
on top.  I centered my image where I wanted it and taped the patterned paper onto
the blank sheet of copy paper with washi tape.  Then I put that in my paper tray 
in my printer.


My paper is from Lavinia - Cloudburst Collection.  Next it was time to color
the image.  I decided I wanted to use colored pencil.  I chose a light and
dark of each shade I wanted to use.


I did use 4 greens to get the depth of shading I wanted.  I chose colors that
matched the paper and would also show up on it.


I trimmed the top and bottom of the panel with a scalloped curve die and adhered 
my panel to an A2 size top folding card base with a panel that measures 4" x 5 1/4"
adhered to it.  Next I dotted Nuvo Glitter Accents along each scallop.  For a last
bit of sparkle I added Lime Stickles to each of the little stamen dots in the
flowers and at the base of each flower stem.  And that completed my card!


I love coloring on patterned paper!  It's such a different look!  Please
head on over to Rachel's shop on Etsy.  She has many beautiful
digistamps for purchase!

Thank you for stopping by today and for your continued support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





No comments:

Post a Comment