Friday, April 17, 2020

How to Give Your Chipboard Letters a Spring Look!



Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing this cute Springtime
project with foiled chipboard letters!

After the drabness of late winter, nothing says Spring like bright colors!  I used foil 
on my letters to help them really pop off my card!  I couldn't not have done this
without the help of the Best Glue Ever!  I was able to apply the foil without heat!


Here are my chipboard letters.  I started by applying the Best Glue Ever 
to the letters with a damp paintbrush.  It goes on very smooth.  I put
some of the glue onto a piece of acetate so it could be thrown away after.  Once
the glue was dry (it remains very tacky even when dry!) I applied my foil.


I picked out foil colors that would match my papers.  I pressed the foil into the
chipboard quite firmly.  Once I did that, I peeled the foil off.  Some places didn't
get glue so I applied the Best Glue Ever again, waited for it to dry and reapplied
the foil.


Next it was time to put my card together.  I started with an A2 size top folding
white card base.  I choose 2 coordinating papers.  The more solid paper I cut to
4" x 5 1/4" and adhered to my card using the Best Glue Ever.  I used a
stitched scallop rectangle die for the pretty patterned paper.  I tied some
bakers twine around this piece.


I then popped up the scalloped edged piece on foam tape.  I next adhered my
letters with the Best Glue Ever.  Then I added some small colorful paper
flowers and dabbed small dots of yellow glitter glue in the centers.  I added a
few random gems in spring colors as well and that finished my card!


ScraPerfect Products Used:


Other Products used:

Paper: Doodlebug Designs
Paper Flowers
Yellow Stickles
Gemstones
Bakers Twine
Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die
Chipboard Letters

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
I appreciate your time and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for SraPerfect, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment