Monday, April 20, 2020

Art Deco Butterfly Kisses w/Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is well and spring is coming to where you
live!  Today I'm sharing a Brutus Monroe Design Team Project!

Butterfly Kisses

I chose to use the Pastel Deco Paper Pad

This paper is fast becoming one of my favorites.  I've already bought 2!

To start my project I heat embossed with gold all of the stamps including an extra
big butterfly onto some plain black card stock.

Next I colored them with colored pencils.  I chose colors that coordinated with
the paper.  After coloring I fussy cut them.


The polychromos colors I used are:
Light Flesh: 9201 - 132
Dark Flesh:  9201 - 130
Medium Flesh:  9201 - 131
Light Cobalt Turquoise:  9201 - 154
Cobalt Turquoise:  9201 - 153
Helio Turquoise:  9201 - 155

Next I prepared my base.


I also cut an Art Deco element from gold card stock using a Love From Lizi die.
I first covered the entire front of my A2 size top folding card base with a black pearl paper.  
Next I took my piece of fan patterned paper measuring 3 7/8" x 5 1/2" and adhered
it to the center of my card.  And finally I took the dark gray patterned paper
measuring 1 3/4" x 5 1/2" and adhered that in the center.  I added some definition with
the addition of pinstripe gold peel-offs from Love From Lizi.


I added my die cut piece just below the half way mark on the center panel.  I added
the butterflies by adhering them in the middle with glue andfoam tape under the wings to give
dimension.  Just above the die cut piece I foam tape my sentiment which I had cut
into a banner shape and backed with the gold paper.  I added some flat back gold beads
and my card was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  These butterfly stamps could be used for so
many different occasions!

Make sure to check out the Subscriptions at Brutus Monroe!  They are a fabulous
way to build up your stash!

Thank you so much for stopping by and your continued support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



2 comments:

  1. Betsy, I love the Art Deco flavor! Stunning 3D Butterflies with a touch of metallic! Thank you for sharing your latest creation with us! I love seeing all the creativity out there!
    Stay Safe, Stay in and Stay Healthy!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan thank you so much! I just can't resist that Art Deco vibe!

    ReplyDelete