Sunday, March 1, 2020

How To Adhere Tissue Paper To Your Projects





Hello everyone!  Today I'm showing you how to adhere tissue paper to 
your projects easily and cleanly.
A short time ago I received an order from a supply company and it came wrapped with this lovely tissue paper.  I couldn't throw it away.  I knew I had to come up with a way to use it
in a project!  Let's get started.


First, I needed to prepare my tissue paper.  I chose feathers that had the entire image.  With
a small paintbrush (size 2) I ran a bead of water around each feather.


I went around the image 3 times carefully avoiding the image itself and making sure to get 
the surrounding tissue paper wet.  Then holding the image with my left hand, I
gently pulled along the water line with my right hand.  This gives such a nice
soft tear.  Then I put my piece aside to dry.  They will not dry flat.  I did put
them inside a pad of paper once they were dry to the touch to flatten them a bit, but
it's not something that's needed for this project.  Next I gathered all
of my materials for my project.


I started by making my actual card first.  I took an A2 side side folding white card base
with the fold on top.  I layered my 3 patterned papers on top of one another.  I used
the Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap for this.  It never lets me down!
Next it was time to apply the tissue paper feathers.  I ran a thin line of the
Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap down the center of the feather on the
back side.  Then, I added a bit to each side as well.


Quickly I ran my finger over the feather smearing the glue all over.  When the glue
is this thin, it dries very quickly.  I then placed it on my project and smoothed it
out.  It laid flat, there was no buckling and no soaking through of the glue.  It
just is amazing!


I adhered the other two feathers in the same manner.  Each laid down and
adhered perfectly.  I decided to add a tiny metal bee charm that I had in
my stash as a final embellishment.  The Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap
works so great to adhere metal.  One tiny drop and my bee wasn't going
anywhere!  I added some twine to the top placing just a small
drop of the glue behind the knot and my project was finished.


ScraPerfect Supplies Used:






Other Products Used:

Patterned Paper: Stamperia - Garden
White A2 Size card base
Tissue Paper
Metal Charm
Twine


Thank you for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for SraPerfect, I do receive the products I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.








No comments:

Post a Comment