Tuesday, August 27, 2019

"Sending Hugs!" - GD Quietfire Designs






Hello everyone!  I'm excited to be sharing this "Sending Hugs" card with you today as a Guest Designer for Quietfire Designs.  There are so many ways to use this stamp set as well as the dies.  For this card I have chosen a very soft palette of pinks and greens.

I first stamped my hearts using 2 shades of Tombow Markers - keeping the darker shade along the outside edges.  I then lightly misted it with water to get a watercolor effect.  I used a my MISTI to do this on Strathemore Bristol card stock.


Next I cut out the hearts leaving a narrow white edge.  I die cut the "sending" and "Hugs" from lime green pearlescent card stock.


I next put my base together.  For the main base I used an A2 size white top folding card.  I covered that completely with a piece of lilac pearlescent card stock.  Then I cut a piece of lime green pearlescent card stock that measured 4.125" x 5.375" and my patterned paper measured 4" x 5.25".  I adhered these one on top of another.

I adhered my cut pieces to the card gluing the "Sending" and "Hugs" flat and popping up the hearts with foam tape.

For an added embellishment I used Nuvo Jewel Drops in Honeysuckle.  And that completed my card.


Quietfire Designs Supplies Used:

Sending Hugs Kisses Die Set #1304

Quietfire Designs Gentle Thoughts Rubber Stamp "Flourishing Inside - Hearts" #5835-1

Other Supplies Used:

Misti Stamp Positioning Tool
Tonic Pearlescent Card Stock - Lime Light/Gleaming Lilac
Nuvo Jewel Drops - Honeysuckle
Strathemore Bristol Smooth Card Stock
Tombow Markers - #703, #761
A2 size white top folding card base - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80b.
3M Foam Tape - Art Glitter Adhesive
Moda Scrap Paper Collection - Let Your Soul Bloom

Link to Quietfire Designs Blog Post:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy in the Journey with RubberStamps.com