Tuesday, August 20, 2019

And the day came...DT project for Quietfire Designs



Hello Everyone!

So excited to be Guest Designer for Quietfire Designs for this month!  Suzanne Cannon's calligraphy is so gorgeous and the resulting stamps and dies are just fabulous!

For today's project I used the stamp "And the Day Came" and the Butterfly Flourish die set.  They are both beautiful and have many applications.

I started by cutting my card stock: the base is an A2 size top folding card in gray, the dark violet panel is 4" x 5.25" and the focal panel is 3.75" x 5".  I heat embossed the sentiment on the smaller gray panel by stamping in a violet hybrid ink and using clear embossing powder.


I next die cut my butterflies.  I used the same violet paper to cut the solid butterfly images and a pearlized vellum for the single butterflies.  On the small butterfly I cut away the curled bits and saved them.


For the bigger butterfly I curled the vellum wings with the handle of a small paintbrush.  I adhered both butterflies to the corresponding shapes on the violet die cut adding glue to just the very middle of the butterflies.  Then I adhered them to my panel.  I cut away a small portion of the flourish where it overlapped the stamped text.  I added the curled bits from the small white butterfly die cut and added small violet and white pearls.


I hope you'll give this easy card a try!  So beautiful with Quietfire Designs elements!

Supplies I used:

Quietfire Designs Cutting Dies - Butterfly Flourish Dies #1433
Quietfire Designs Gentle Thoughts Rubber Stamps - And the Day Came #5620
Gray card stock
Violet Pearlized card stock
Pearlized platinum vellum
White and Violet pearls


Happy paper crafting!
Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...