Sunday, August 4, 2019

Flowers For You!



Hello Everyone!

Today I'm sharing a card using a die from Simon Says Stamp and a paper collection from Stamperia. Stamperia is a new-to-me company from Budapest, Hungary.  Their paper collections are simply gorgeous!  The one that I used on today's project is called "Flowers For You".

Supplies that I used in this project:

  • "Flowers For You" paper collection by Stamperia (the 8 x 8 pad)
  • Dahlia Corner Frame Die from Simon Says Stamp
  • Small piece of Vellum (I used Graphix Vellum in Platinum)
  • A2 sized panel of white pearlized card stock
  • Copic Markers in: Grayish Olive #G94 and Rose Mist R83
  • A2 sized top folding white card base
  • Nuvo Jewel Drops in: Rosewater
  • Glue
  • Corner Rounder
  • Sentiment stamp (I used one from Altenew's Penned Sketched Flowers)
  • Ranger Archival Ink in: Olive
  • Stamping Block or stamp positioning tool
I started by die cutting my main image first.  I used the pink paper from the collection.  I positioned my die over one of the flowers so that the flower was in the corner of the die.  This worked out well as the result was the die cut mimicked the flower and leaves.  I then backed it with a piece of the vellum.  I used my glue in places that would not be seen from the front.


I wanted to give the flower and leaves a little more color, so I flipped the piece over and colored the flower with the Rose Mist Copic marker and the leaves with the Grayed Olive.  This gives a nice soft color and doesn't over power the die cut.


I covered the front of my card with the pearlized card stock and cut the background piece from the paper collection to 3.75" x 5".  I then rounded the corners on the back ground paper and adhered it to the card.  I only rounded the 2 bottom corners of the main card.

Next I stamped my sentiment on my small panel using my MISTI with the Ranger Archival Olive ink.  This ink works well on the vellum which has a bit of a slick surface and would not accept dye ink well.  Once the ink was dry I glued the panel onto the main card. 



I felt it needed a little embellishment and I used Nuvo Jewel Drops in Rosewater to add small drops around the image and sentiment.

And that completed my card.  It's a very flat card - easy to mail.  But it's very soft looking.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will give it a try.  Also, check out all of the papers from Stamperia.  I purchased mine through Scrap n Create - click here for their link:  /  (click on the little symbol and the link appears).

Hoping you all have a great crafty week!

Betsy










No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles