Friday, July 19, 2019

Friendly Encouragement



Hello Everyone!

I've designed a card for Top Flight Stamps and I'm sharing my tutorial here and on the Topflight blog on how I made this adorable encouragement card!

Supplies used:

  • Studio Light "Little Ladies" Art by Marlene stamp set
                   studio-light-little-ladies-a5-clear-stamp-set-38-art-by-marlene-signature-collection-3
  • Penelope Dee Stencil - Victoria Stencil Abloom
                   penelope-dee-victoria-stencil
  • Distress Oxide Ink (or sprays) in Mermaid Lagoon and Squeezed Lemonade
  • Panel of watercolor paper that will be cut to 4" x 5.25" after inking
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock 80lb. 
  • Black hybrid ink - that is alcohol and water friendly
  • Copics
  • Brutus Munroe Glitter Glaze in Fallen Snow
  • Ink on 3 Liquid Pixie Dust
  • A2 size card base - Gina K Designs Sea Glass Card Stock
  • Foam Tape and wide Scor-tape
I began my project by ink smooshing my watercolor panel.  I used the 2 Distress Oxide Inks together and dried in between each layer.  The I splattered each color separately, drying between each.  Lastly I splattered it with water twice and blotted in between.


When this was dry I cut the panel to 4" x 5.25".  Next I stamped my background and sentiment with the hybrid ink.  I used my stamped positioner and placed my main image stamp on it for placement of the sentiment, removed it and stamped onto the card.  I moved the background piece several times and stamped a total of 3 images.  When the ink was dry I placed my stencil over the panel and spread on the Glitter Glaze.  I started at the top and spread it down a little over half way on the diagonal, so there would be a little bit of shimmer around my main image.


While this was drying I stamped my main image, then colored it with Copics and fussy cut it out.  


I popped it up on foam tape and then glued the whole panel to the Sea Glass card base.  Since this was watercolor paper I used wide Scor-tape.  And that completed my card!


Studio Light is a new to me stamp company and I have to say that I really love Marlene's art!  Her designs and sentiments are so encouraging and the "little ladies" are adorable!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  And check out the Top Flight Stamps website for unique stamps from all over the world!

Till next time,

Betsy








No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...