Thursday, July 4, 2019

Baroque Elegance


Hello Everyone!

For the month of July I will be Guest Designing for Top Flight Stamps!  I'm very excited to be a part of their Team for a month!  Today I'll show you how I made my first project.

Supplies I used:

  • For the Love of Stamps "Baroque Backgrounds - for-the-love-of-stamps-baroque-backgrounds
  • Background paper - Metal Textures from Craft Consortium
  • Small scrap of aqua shimmer paper
  • Teal peel-offs from Love from Lizi
  • Nailhead stickers
  • Pearlized copper paper
  • Nuvo Stone Drops Lady Liberty
  • Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish Red Bronze
  • Square Stitched cutting die
  • Glue 
  • Foam Tape
  • A2 size white card base
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink
  • Clear Embossing powder
  • Heat Tool
I first stamped one of the square images from the stamp set onto the pearlized copper paper with the Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I heat embossed with with clear embossing powder and then die cut each square.  I stamped the sentiment on the piece of shimmer paper with the same ink and heat embossed this clear as well.  Then it was die cut with the same square die.  I covered the front of my card with the Metal Textures background paper.


I adhered the copper colored ones on their points on the front of the card letting 4 of them go off the edge and trimming those off flush.  I used foam tape to adhere the center aqua one after I added the narrow peel-offs to the edges and nailheads to the corners.

I felt it still needed a little something but I wanted to retain that distressed look of the paper.  I first took Nuvo Stone Drops and smeared them on with my finger in the spaces between the squares.  When they had dried I did the same with the Gilding Polish going over top of the stone drops.  These added texture and shine to my card. 


This card was fairly quick to make and really makes a statement.  I hope you give it a try!

Until next week,

Betsy









No comments:

Post a Comment