Sunday, May 5, 2019

Vintage Peonies

Hello Crafty Friends!

I'm back with some new cards inspired by Nichol Spohr on YouTube.  I hope it's spring where you are...spring always gives me energy to get things done...like make 2 cards at once!

My supplies I used:

  • Simon Says Stamp Pretty Peonies Background Stamp
  • Gina K Designs Whisper card stock
  • Love From Lizi Crown Gold Embossing Powder
  • Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
  • Prima Watercolor Confections Vintage Pastels
  • Nuvo Rose Gold Sequins
  • Simon Says Stamp Moonstone Sequins
  • Anti-static powder tool
  • Heat Tool
  • Clear Embossing Ink
  • Sentiment Stamps(mine were Wplus9 and Simon Says Stamp)
  • A2 size card bases using Gina K Designs Whisper Card stock
  • 2 panels 4" x 5.25" Whisper Card stock
  • Glue/Tape runner
I started by heat embossing my cut panels - one with the Crown Gold embossing powder and the other with Liquid Platinum.  Next I started painting my panels.  Nicole used Gansai Tambi watercolors on her cards, but I really wanted to try my Prima Vintage Pastels.  For both cards I used pale washes of color.  I didn't do any shading at all.  I didn't want to stress my card stock too much as I wasn't sure how much water it could hold or how it would stand up.  It worked beautifully with just the washes.  On the pink one I used Dark Rose with a little Apple Blossom mixed in.  The little buds were a stronger concentration of Dark Rose.  The big leaves were Suede and the smaller leaves were Golden Glow.

On the lavender card I used Soft Lilac for the peonies with a stronger concentration for the buds.  The big leaves were Sage and the smaller leaves were Breezy.


I topped off the pink card with Rose Gold sequins and the Lavender card with Clear Moonstone sequins.  I heat embossed sentiments with matching embossing powder and die cut them with label dies.  I glued these flat to the card.  And that completed them both!


These cards were so easy to make and could be used for any occasion.  I have several other background stamps that have this vintage vibe to them that would work fantastic with this method!

I hope you found this helpful - and a big shoutout to Nichol Spohr for the inspiration!!!

Happy paper crafting!!!!!

Betsy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...