Saturday, December 1, 2018

A Winter Digi Owl!



Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and crafting like crazy!  Today's tutorial is on how to make this cute winter owl card using the new owl digi-stamps from Charliesstamps!  There are 3 new owls and they are all so cute.

Here are the supplies I used:

  • New Owl Stamps from Charliesstamps - CharliesStamps
  • Neenah 80lb. card stock
  • Printer
  • Copic Markers - colors indicated in instructions
  • White gel pen
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen
  • LDRS Creative paper - Arctic Snowfall
  • MFT paper - Petite Plaid
  • Tag die
  • Sentiment stamps - mine is from Craftin Desert Divas Winter Cheer
  • Versafine Onyx Black ink
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Anti-static powder tool
  • Heat tool
  • A2 size top folding card base
  • Scrap of silver shimmer paper
  • Foam tape and glue
  • Small snowflake die/white card stock scraps
The first thing I did was print off my owls.  I printed them all off, knowing that I would eventually use them all.  I printed them so that they were 2.25" tall.


After choosing the image I wanted to use I colored him with Copic markers.  For the belly and eye patches I used W0, W1, W2;  for the body feathers W3, W5, W7;  for the feet and beak Y21, Y17.  For the scarf and hat I used BV000, BV02, BV13 and for the pom pom on top C0, C1, C2.  I also colored a piece of scrap with BV000 for the sentiment.


Next I trimmed the plaid paper to 5.25" x 4" and glued it onto the card base.  Next, using the tree paper, I die cut a stitched tag.  My tag is 3.75" x 2.25".  I backed the tag with the white/gray paper and left about 1/8" showing around my tag.  I also stamped my sentiment onto the scrap piece I colored with the BV000 with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat set it with clear embossing ink.


I trimmed down the sentiment, gave it an angled end and added about 1/4" of silver shimmer paper to the bottom of it.  I glued the tag onto the base, foam taped the sentiment banner so it was flush with the right side of the plaid paper and then foam taped my owl onto the tag.  Then I glued on my die cut snowflakes.  I added some white hi-lites with the gel pen to his nose and feet and drew a simple pattern onto the hat and scarf.  I added the Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the pom pom on top of the hat and all of the snowflakes.

And that finished my card!


I hope you'll give this technique a try.  Digital stamps are so fun to use!  Just an FYI...my printer does not like Neenah 80b card stock (and 110b even less!)  However, I do seem to be able to copy...just not print from my computer.  So, I print off my image sheet onto plain white copy paper and then use that to copy onto the Neenah...works every time.

Charlies has lots of stamps in her Etsy shop and is adding new images all the time.  Right now they are on sale!

Happy paper crafting and remember...it's just paper!!!!

Betsy



No comments:

Post a Comment