Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Twisted Easel Card Featuring Love From Lizi December 2018 Card Kit



Hello Everyone!

Today I'll be showing you how to make a twisted easel card using the Love from Lizi December 2018 card kit.  This kit was jam packed full of beautiful papers and embellishments in soft violet and sage tones.  This card is very easy to make and looks beautiful when it's standing up opened!

Supplies I used:

  • Love From Lizi December 2018 card kit
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Plum Pudding
  • Various papers from the kit and an extra 12 x 12 sheet for the base
  • Glue or double sided tape
  • Paper trimmer
  • Gold Pearls
  • Gold Bow
  • Puffy stickers
  • Nuvo Midas Touch Aqua Shimmer Pen
  • Foam tape

I started this project by preparing my base.  This is where the 12 x 12 sheet of paper is used.  My base measured 4.75" x 9.5".  I had a coordinating 12 x 12 paper pad of the same paper that's in the kit, but white card stock or any coordinating color would work just as well.  Out of the same card stock cut a panel that's 4.75" x 4.75".  Score the 9.5" panel in half - your card should measure 4.75" x 4.75".  Score a diagonal line on the front of the card starting at the lower left corner going up to the upper right corner.  It should look like this:


The pink corner is facing up and should meet the top left corner of the front of the card.  Next glue the 4.75" x 4.75" panel to this diagonal flap so only half of it will be glued on.  This panel should be a perfect fit and create a full flat panel on your card.


Next I worked on the front panel.  To create that I used a piece of soft yellow card stock as a matt that measured 4 7/16" square.  On top of this I added my patterned piece of paper that measured 4 5/16" square.  This paper was so pretty!  I cut out another rose from the paper and popped it up on foam tape over the rose on the panel to give it a 3D effect.  I put some of the stickers from the kit on - the sentiment and the butterfly.  Then I used the Nuvo Crystal Drops on some of the berries in the pattern on the paper and glued on a few of the smaller gold pearls.  


It still looked a bit plain to me so I did add some of the Nuvo Midas Touch Aqua Shimmer Pen in the center of the rose and in the centers of the small flowers and I added the gold bow.

On the inside of the card there needs to be a dimensional piece that acts as a prop for the card front so that it stands up.  I added another one of the puffy stickers that says "with love".  Before sticking that down I added another piece of patterned paper just to add a bit of contrast.  To position the sticker, I stood the front up into the position where I wanted it and placed the puffy sticker in front of it.

And that finished my card!  I love the look of these cards and the recipient can display the card on a desk or table.  There's also still plenty of room to write a note.




This card is so easy to make.  It would really look cute made with other shapes - like a circle!

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and will give it a try!  Also, if you've never bought one of Lizi's card kits, please give them a try - they release on the 19th of each month - OMG! that's today!!!!!!  You can just buy one or buy a subscription!

Happy paper crafting and remember.....
           it's only paper!

Betsy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...