Sunday, May 20, 2018

Paper Engineered Cards...the easy way!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you've had an awesome week!  Temps are getting warmer in this part of the world and that always puts a smile on my face!

Today I'm going to be reviewing paper engineered cards.  What are those?  They are cards that do more than just open and close in a regular fashion.  Sometimes they open differently to reveal an amazing inside!  Or sometimes they stand up...like the one in the photo above.  They are engineered differently than a regular everyday card.  Here's what the card above looks like when it's not open:


This is called a Triple Easel Card.  And each layer basically stands up like an easel.  Looks hard, but it's really easy.  I get these card bases from Paper Wishes (www.paperwishes.com).  This is a small company in Oregon that is owned and run by Paulette Jarvey.  You might be more familiar with their brand - Hot Off The Press.  They have great customer service and the variety of products they carry is just awesome.  This particular type of card also comes in hearts and stars.

These card bases are sold in packs of 3 or 5 depending on the type, are made of white cardstock and come with envelopes.  But the most wonderful thing:  they also have templates that you can buy separately and inexpensively so you can use your own cardstock!


The style above is a Side Step Card and is one of my favorites and I've made this using one of my favorite paper collections from Paper Wishes called Floral Fantasy.  The packaging on the cards doubles as templates for the paper pieces that leave a nice edge around the card.



This is an Interlocking Frame Card...a unique take on a gatefold card - which they also have!  These are really fun to make and not difficult!  This one also comes in more than one style.  The next one really looks hard to make, but it's not!





I added tabs so Fox and Raccoon would look like they were jumping in the leaves!  This is the 2-Way Diamond Card.  You can also make it so the center diamond it popping out instead of in.  I love making these!


This is a Center Step Card and was one of the first that I started making.  The great thing about Paper Wishes is their sales.  They have a sale very Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Sometimes these are on sale and sometimes the templates are on sale.  I am on their site every morning of those days to check out what the sale is! (sometimes I think I seriously have an addiction, but, hey...don't we all!)


These are just a few of what Paper Wishes carries in their store....they actually do have a physical store!  Their website is great with all current sales, product videos and idea galleries.  Also, anything they sell that is their brand - look for ideas on the packaging.  These, by the way, are very reasonably priced even when they're not on sale! 

I hope I've given you some resources to work with and you'll try these out.  I am not being compensated in any way by Paper Wishes for this post.  I have been a customer for a long time and love their products and customer service!

Happy paper crafting!
    And remember...it's just paper!

Betsy




No comments:

Post a Comment