Sunday, June 3, 2018

One Piece of Product - 3 Distinct Cards!



Hello Everyone!

I hope you've all had a relaxing weekend!  Seems like the weather is finally nice and there are lots of things to do!

Today I will be sharing how I made these 3 unique cards using one piece of product!  That's right...one 6 x 6 piece of Foil Transfer from Crafter's Companion!  I've used a sheet from the Floral Tea collection.  This set contains twelve 6 x 6 sheets of foil transfer.  And there is a wide variety in just this one pack!  I used this Argyle sheet for these projects.  Here is my supply list:

  • One sheet of Foil Transfer from Crafters Companion
  • Background papers
  • Embellishments
  • Die Cut Sentiments
  • Black cardstock
  • Clear embossing powder
  • Heat tool
  • Antistatic powder tool
  • Ranger Perfect Pearls
  • Paintbrush
The first card was made using the Foil Transfers as they were intended.  Take a panel of background paper and lay down the Foil Transfer sheet after removing the release acetate on the back.  I found there is no repositioning this, so aim well!  There is adhesive on this and it needs to be transferred to your paper.  I laid the release paper over the Foil Transfer (I did this to retain the screen printed design on the acetate sheet)  and burnished it quite vigorously.  You need to get all of the adhesive transferred onto your paper.  It should look like this:


Now the paper is ready for the foil.  Lay your foil piece - pretty side up - on top of your panel with the adhesive.  Again, this needs to be burnished.  There is a burnishing tool included with the kit.  It's important to apply pressure all over the foil.  You want to make sure all of the adhesive gets covered with foil.  It should look like this when you are done:


Note what the foil sheet looks like on the right.  Don't throw it away - that becomes card #2!  I cut down this first panel and mounted it on foam and adhered it to my covered card base.  I added flower embellishments and a die cut sentiment and heart.  I also die cut the sentiment and the heart out of foam so it would have some dimension.



Card #2 starts with the piece of foil that is left over.  I laid this foil piece onto a piece of toner paper and put it through my Minc machine.  It came out looking like this:


I die cut a 4.25 x 5.5 inch panel from this and used it as the front of the card.  For embellishments, I heat embossed with clear embossing powder 2 butterflies.  After they were cooled I painted them using Ranger Perfect Pearls mixed with water to a creamy consistency.  This was a really intricate butterfly stamp so I used quite a few colors.  After they were dry I fussy cut them and mounted them onto my panel.  I glued the body flush and I popped up the wings with foam tape and adhered gems to the wings.  I die cut a sentiment out of mirriboard and added a few additional sequins!




For card #3 I used the the piece of acetate that the adhesive design was mounted on!  It's essentially a piece of screen printed acetate!  Perfect!  I cut it down smaller than my card base.  This is fairly dark because the design is small and dense.  So, I mounted it on a piece of iridescent paper...just to give a bit of sparkle without overpowering everything.  For glue I used Designer Adhesive from Art Glitter. I bought this on Amazon, but they have a website as well.  It's the best liquid glue I've ever used and it's very permanent once dry.  It dries clear - which is a plus.  I put tiny dots of it (I also purchase the needle nose tip) on the back of the design...in the corners and in some random other places, but enough to hold it down.  The places where the glue showed wet and white, dried clear.  I added flower embellishments to this and a die cut sentiment that I stacked 4 times.


That finishes my 3 cards from on 6 x 6 sheet of product!  Not all of the 12 sheets in this collection are background designs.  Some have lots of sentiments, some have borders or corner treatment and some have themes with lots of images.  All in all, this one sheet certainly goes a long way!

I think you'll enjoy these Foil Transfers from Crafters Companion.  I purchased mine through Paper Wishes, but I'm sure there are various places you can find these!



Have a great week everyone and I hope you have wonderful paper crafting adventures!

Betsy







No comments:

Post a Comment