Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Go Together Like ...with Kate Hadfield Designs

 


Hello everyone!  I'm back from a brief break.  Sometimes one needs to
sit back and take stock of things.  And that's what I did.  So, today I'll
be sharing my first project as a DT member for


Kate Hadfield Designs has adorable hand drawn digital stamps.  Her
digital stamp sets contain many images perfect for every occasion.  There
is also a variety of clip art - in the same style which are Kate's designs
already colored!  I love to color so let me show you how I made my card!
I started by composing my design in the computer.  I have an HP inkjet
computer - nothing special.  I used X-PressIt card stock.


I also do not use any type of photo editing program.  I have a Mac
and I just use Word.  I trimmed my image on the sides before
coloring, but not height.  I next chose my papers.  The paper would
determine the color of the mug so it was important to choose that
right at the beginning.


I made my sentiment by using a free alpha that you can download
from Kate's newsletter.  This is called the Every Day Alpha.  I fussy 
cut it after printing.  Next I colored my main image.


I used my Copics for coloring.  The steam and marshmallows were
colored only where the shading is.


Copic colors used:  C1, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
E71, E77, W7, W5, E21, RV000, E31, B60, Blender
I used a silver sparkle gel pen and filled in the snowflakes.


I assembled my card on an A2 size white top folding card base.
I added some small snowflake sequins and adhered little gems in
the center of each of the snowflakes and used my white Posca Pen
for some hi-lights.  And that finished my card!


I love working with digitals.  They are so easy to manipulate and then
just print out and color!  You can find the set I worked with today at


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...