Sunday, January 29, 2023

Snow Day with Kate Hadfield Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Now that we are well and truly in the depths of a snowy
winter, today I'll be sharing this adorable card using products from

Kate Hadfield Designs
Snow Day Digital Stamp Set

This digital stamp set has 16 images to choose from!  That is a tremendous
amount of crafty goodness!  Let me show you how I made my edge to edge
shaker Snow Day card!
I started by composing my design in my computer.  I use Word as a program
and I have an inkjet printer.  I usually print out my image and let it sit over-
night.  When I do that I never have any ink smears from coloring.


Once that was printed out, I trimmed it to a workable size.  I would trim
it to the size I need later.  I used XPress-It card stock to print on.  I
decided to color my images with Copic markers.


I chose my background paper before coloring.  That way I would be able
to color match my images.  The paper I used is from Whimsy Stamps
called Blurry Flurries.  I also trimmed off to my horizon line.


I cut a small strip from the bottom of the paper I was using for I would
have a bit of a snowbank and that would give my card a bit of
dimension.  Copic colors I used:  Blender, 100, B000, C0, C3, W0, E33,
E35, E15,Y15, YR15, YR07, R02, R17, BG10, BG11.  After my image
was colored I used Stickles in Twinkle on the snow, snowballs, the
pompoms of the hat and the top edge of the extra narrow panel.  I
then adhered the back piece of patterned paper to the front piece and
also the snowbank in the front.


I adhered some larger snowflakes around the top part of the card.
I die cut my sentiment using white card stock.  I colored the
actual words with a Copic marker.  Next it was time to put the
shaker together.  I used packing from a stamp set for the acetate
and I stretched that over the front and secured it in the back with
double sided tape.  Before adhering the last edge I put in my
shaker bits.


Now that the shaker element of my card was done, now it was time for the
rest of the card.  I took an A2 size white card base and adhered some light
blue card stock onto it about 1/4" smaller.  Then I adhered the shaker panel
on top.  I added thin sparkly peel-offs between the white base and the 
light blue panel.  And that finished my card!


This card was so much fun to make and it really wasn't that
complicated!  Find the digital stamp set I used for this project
plus many more sets at

Kate Hadfield Designs

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've inspired
you to create something!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.














No comments:

Post a Comment