Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Wallpaper Stencil with Brutus Monroe

 

Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is having a good end of 2022.  I'm really 
hoping 2023 will be awesome!  Today I'll be creating with products from


This was super fun to create!  I love working with the different mediums
that Brutus Monroe has...They always come out so beautiful!  Let me show
you how I created my card today!
I started out by first choosing what color my card would be.  I always
gravitate towards blue, but today I wanted to work with purple.  I cut a
piece of medium lavender card stock to 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Using a dotted
embossing folder from my stash I embossed the design backwards.  That
means that debased side of the embossing folder was on the front side of
the paper.


Next using Teal and Purple Candy Coat mixed together, I stenciled
on the mix using the Wallpaper Stencil.  When this medium is wet
it looks very light and sort of maybe not what you hand in mind!


It really doesn't sparkle or shine at this point.  You can barely see the bits
of iridescent material in the Candy Coat.  I left this overnight to dry
naturally.  The paper doesn't warp as much if left to dry that way.


What a difference drying makes!  Also, the light really picks up the
teal bits of iridescent material.  Using a rectangle cutting die,
I trimmed my piece of 4" x 5 1/4".


Next, using the Snowflake Cutting Dies, I cut enough to go in the
centers of each of the flower shapes using the smallest die and
white glitter paper.  I adhered those to the centers of the flowers.
I made an A2 size white top folding card base and adhered this
panel to it.  I made my sentiment from a strip of the same lavender
paper and the Simple Strips-Crafty and coordinating die.  I heat
set the sentiment with Alabaster Embossing powder.  Then I mounted
that onto white shimmer card stock and popped it up onto the
card.  I used teal glitter drops and this really made the teal
iridescent bits in the Candy Coat stand out.  As a final embellishment
I used a silver glitter pen and went around the lavender sentiment strip.


With that same silver glitter pen, I filled in each little dotted hole
that was left by the embossing folder.  It makes such a cool but
subtle background element.  And that finished my card!


This was so much fun to make and really didn't take that much time,
except for the drying of the Candy Coat.  It's a great way to send
someone you love some encouragement!  You can find the products
I used in my project today at


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to
create something fun and beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...