Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Welcome Home with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is keeping warm as these chilly days get
even chillier!  Today I'll be using products from


This is a super cute set that can be used in different ways.  The sentiments
give a wide variety of occasions!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by choosing my elements and heat embossing them using Gilded
Embossing Powder.



Once that was done I made my card base from off white card stock and a
piece of brick patterned paper from my stash.  I lightly inked the edges of
the brick paper and then actually went around the edges with the ink pad
for some really dark definition.


This panel measures 4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered it to my card base.


Next I moved onto the painting of the elements.  I started with the
wreath.  I heat embossed 2 of them so I could stack them together.
I used the following colors for all of the painting:  Cobalt Blue,
Noble Fir, White, Candy Apple Red and Ornament Gold.  I also
used just a touch of Black Aqua Pigments.  The nice thing about
Brutus Monroe mediums is that you can mix them together to get
interesting colors and textures.  I started with the door.  I painted
it with the Cobalt Blue and White with a touch of Black Aqua Pigment so it 
would be a nice soft gray.    I did this to the sentiment as well.   I used the
Ornament Gold on the door handle. Then I moved onto my wreath elements.


I wanted soft colors here so for the wreath itself I used the Noble Fir
and White.  I painted the one that would be underneath a bit darker.
I moved onto the other elements - very simple painting here.


Once these elements were dry I fussy cut them.


I already had in my mind my placement for everything.  I used foam for
the sentiment, the door, the door step, the wreath layer and the flower.
Everything else was adhered flat.  And that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  Fairly simple but a great way
to let friends and family know that you have moved!  You can find
the products I used in today's project at


Thanks so much for stopping by and spending time here!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...