Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Whirlpool with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Hope you are keeping cool is where you are is blistering hot!  Today
I'm sharing a cute card made with products from


This was a fun card to put together and I tried something different with the Chroma
Glazes that worked out better than I thought!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by choosing a piece of patterned paper from the Sea life Collection.  I then
mixed Blue and Green Chroma Glazes together to get a turquoise that would match
the paper.  I used the Whirlpool Stencil.


I was a bit disappointed with this as it's pretty much the same color as the paper
and kind of got lost...then I remembered that Chroma Glaze dries darker!  While this
was still wet, I sprinkled on some small confetti.  I thought it was chunky glitter but
this worked well.  Then I sprinkled on some Shimmer Powder.  This is a super fine
glitter, like really fine.  Then I left the piece to dry.


I was so excited when this was dry!  The Chroma Glaze is gorgeous and the little
bits of sparkle I added worked out really well.  I trimmed down my piece
to 4" x 5 1/2".  I adhered it to an A2 white top folding card base.


I next stamped my images from the Underwater Friends Stamp Set.  I
stamped them first in a Copic-friendly ink, but left the stamps in my
MISTI.  I colored them up using bright colors.


After I colored them I stamped them again and heat embossed them with the
Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder.  I fussy cut my images right up to the line.
I also trimmed out the sentiment.


Copic colors used:  YG03,YG17, BG01, BG05, R83, R85, YR02, YR04,
Y08, Y17.  I also used my blender.  I adhered these elements to my card
using a fairly thick foam tape.  I added some iridescent bubbles and I
add thin black peel-offs along the edges of my panel.  I also added shimmer
pen here and there.  And I added little hi-light dots with my white Posca Pen.
And that finished my card for today!


I hope you enjoyed today's card.  So fun to make!  You can find the
products I used today at:


Thanks so much or stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...