Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Ladybug Roses with Brutus Monroe



Hello everyone!  Today I'm bring you a bit of bright spring with
products from

Brutus Monroe

Nothing says ladybugs than bright red!  I chose to make my mini slimline card
in that bright red!  Let me explain how I made my card!  I started by cutting
my red card stock to 2 3/4" x 6".  I like my finished mini slimline cards to
measure 3" x 6 1/4".  This red panel would be what I stencil on.  Using my Stick
and Stamp Mat I laid down my piece of red card stock, then my stencil.  I
wanted to stencil the ladybugs first.  I used Post-it tape as a mask to cover any spots 
that were too close to where I wanted to stencil.  I mixed Chroma Mists with some white
texture paste.  To make black I mixed all the colors I have of Chroma Mists on my
glass mat and mixed them with the texture paste.  I had my doubts because when
I mixed this it came out a gray sludgie purple.  😱. I went for it anyway.
Imagine my surprise that when it dried, it came out quite black!


I was so surprised that this came out so black!  After this was dry, I
scraped off what little texture paste actually got on my Stick and Stamp Mat
and repositioned the stencil.  I mixed Yellow Orange Chroma Mist with
the texture paste and stenciled the roses.  Once again I used Post-it tape to
mask off areas that were close enough for me to mess up!


I was spreading this texture paste quite thick.  I wanted the colors to really
stand out and not have a red shadow to them.  Once the yellow was dry I
laid the stencil back on and stenciled the dotted trail with Yellow Green Chroma
Mist and the texture paste...once again masking off any areas that were already
stenciled.


After the green was dry I took my panel off the Stick and Stamp Mat and
ran my scissors up the sides of the panel just to get rid of any texture paste
that was hanging out the side.  I took a scrap of the red card stock and
heat embossed in black my sentiment.  Then I cut it down so it would
fit in the lower right corner of my panel.


I made my base from Buttercream Card Stock and cut a panel that was
about 1/8" smaller in Key Lime card stock.


I adhered the stenciled panel onto this base.  I felt my yellow roses could use
a bit of brightening up so I took some straight Yellow Orange Chroma Mist
and painted each point of the roses.  This just darkened those edges a little bit
and made them stand out a bit more.  I used a shimmer pen on the ladybugs
and on the roses.  I added some tiny yellow iridescent stars and added my
sentiment with foam tape.  I felt there needed to be a bit of definition between the red card
 stock and the Key Lime so I added some thin black peel-offs.  And that completed my 
sweet ladybug card!


This stencil is so cute and you could do so much with it.  You can find the
products that I used for this card at

Brutus Monroe

Thanks so much for spending time here today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment