Tuesday, December 7, 2021

What's Cooking? with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  It's December already...where did 2021 go? Seems
to fly by so fast!  Today I'm sharing this new and absolutely adorable
die set from

Brutus Monroe
Velveteen Glaze

This What's Cooking? Die Set was so fun to create a card with!  So
many textures!  And the Velveteen Glaze really adds a unique look!
Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by making my A2 size card base.  I chose paper for the flooring
first and then the walls.  I cut them 1/8" smaller than the card base.


I loved how this looked.  I next added a piece of 1/4" white
card stock between the two as a baseboard.


Next I taped off an area about an inch wide with
purple tape.


So this tape covered my white baseboard.  I then added some Peach
Bellini Velveteen Glaze over the exposed area.  This dries semi-opaque
so when dry you could still see some of the brick.  But I applied this
quick thickly to my strip.  


I wanted it to have a stucco effect so I wasn't going for a smooth
application.  I let this dry overnight.


I peeled off the tape while it was still wet.  This application was
so clean!  I went on to create all of my elements.  The first thing
I did was to cut every piece out of white card stock.  There is
a wonderful cover photo on the die packaging, but there are lots
of dies.  I felt I would get a much clearer picture of how everything
went together if I put one together first.  It really did help me
realize where every piece went.  I chose my paper for my die cuts
and I made the fridge first.


I used black card stock, 2 shades of gray and a satin mirror silver.
I had made the leaves of the plants, then I made the stool.


Instead of using different colored wood patterned card stock, I
used a W5 Copic marker to deepen the tone of the legs behind and
the smallest piece on top.  I next made the stove - this one had
lots of pieces...including the hi-light on the glass door!


I did cheat a bit and used small silver sequins with no hole for
the silver knobs across the top portion.  I did use tweezers and
liquid glue to adhere all of these together.  I next made the
cute little coffee pot.


I adhered that to the left burner on the stove.  I made the plant pot,
adhered it to the leaves and then adhered that to the stool.


I assembled the clock adding some number indications and then made
a little "Kiss the cook" sign - nothing fancy - hand lettered on wood
patterned paper.  Then it was time to assemble everything!


You can see how the Velveteen Glaze changes in appearance once it's
dry.  It has a very matte velvety finish.
This card already had lots of texture so I only used foam tape on the back
of the leaves in the plant pot and on the handmade sign.  And that
finished my card!


I only wish my kitchen was as clean and uncluttered!!!!  I hope you
enjoyed today's tutorial.  This is such a cute and well thought out
die set.  You can find the What's Cooking? Die Set and Velveteen Glaze at


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate your time and your
interest in my projects!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...