Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Snow Yeti with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Has it snowed at your house yet?  I was looking like
this yeti as I watched our first storm Friday night!  This card was a
blast to make with products from


I just love the look on this little Yeti's face as he sees the snow coming!  I
decided he had to be trapped in a snow globe!  Let me take you through 
my process!  I first stamped out my Snowglobe Stamp onto Copic
friendly white card stock.


Next I chose my background paper (I would need 2 sheets of it) and
I cut one sheet of it to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


On my second piece of patterned paper I stamped my Yeti and I
stamped out the snow for the snowglobe onto the white snow part on
the second patterned paper sheet.

I colored the base of the Snowglobe with Copic markers in E31,
E33, E35, E37 and E49.  I then fussy cut out the glass part of the
Snowglobe.  When that was cut, I went around the edges of
it with the E49 marker.


I next placed the Snowglobe on the background paper where I wanted
it to be and with a pencil drew around the inside of the globe.


I then cut this out.  Next I would color my Yeti.


I stamped this in an area on my second sheet of patterned paper so
that the background would appear rather seamless.




For my Yeti coloring I used: B91, B93, B95, B97 and B99.  I
then used a white Posca Pen to hi-light the Yeti's fur, his
teeth, his nose and I did add some diagonal lines coming out
from his feet to look like he was running in the snow!  I also
adhered my snow to the base of the Snowglobe.  I next adhered
the Snowglobe to the background paper.  Then I
heat embossed my sentiment with Raven Detail Embossing
Powder, curving the stamp so it followed the bottom of
the Snowglobe.  I adhered a piece of acetate behind the window
of the Snowglobe.  Then I adhered the Yeti piece onto my
my top folding white A2 size card base using the top Snowglobe
piece as a guide.


I doubled up on foam tape on the back of the front piece.  I added
my shaker bits on top of the Yeti and then I carefully placed the
front of the card down and sealed it well.  For finishing off the
card I added Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze on the snow on the
Snowglobe.  Then I added snowflake sequins showering down
from the top right corner...so it looks like the Yeti is running
away from the snow that's coming!!!  And that finished my card.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  Both of these stamps are only
3" x 4" and yet they made a whole scene.  I love it when that
happens!!!!!  You can find many of the products I've used at


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!  I appreciate
your time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 






















 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...