Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Family Traditions with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Winter is starting to appear and it's time to cook
up those recipes that make us warm!  Today I'm using products from


This was such a fun card to make and the recipient will really appreciate
the sharing of a recipe.  Let me show you how I made my card.
I started by stamping my recipe card onto white card stock.  Then I 
stamped my onion and potatoes on watercolor paper.


I only used 4 of the potatoes, but I used the 5th mis-stamped one as
a test for color.  For my Aqua Pigments I used: Red, Yellow Orange,
Green and a tiny bit of Tinsel Blue.  For the onion I mixed Red, Green,
and Yellow with more yellow and less green. This gave me the
Yellow-brown color for the onion.  For the potatoes I used red, a
tiny bit of the blue and a very tiny bit of yellow.


Once my elements were painted, I then glazed over the potatoes with
brown...just to take away the pink tone.  Once these elements were dry, I
die cut them along with the recipe card itself.


I chose my background paper from the Fall Forest Paper Collection.  I
stamped "Soups" across the top of the card on the tab.  I then wrote up
my recipe on the card with a black marker.  Then I mixed up another
puddle of brown and blended it around the edges with a blender brush.


I wasn't going for a smooth blend, but I definitely wanted something
along the edge of the card.


I wanted to use one more stamp from the set, but I felt I needed
to adhered my elements into place first.  Then I stamped my
extra sentiment.


I prepared a 5" x 7" card base from cream card stock.  I cut
my patterned paper to 1/16" smaller than the front of the
card.  I adhered my recipe card to the front using
repositionable glue dots.  This will allow the recipient to
remove the recipe card and keep it.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial for the card and you try
making this soup.  It's so good!  You might wonder why I use
red potatoes.  Red potatoes are creamier when cooked and
really make this soup so yummy!  It's been a staple for winter
fare in my house for many years!
You can find the Family Traditions Stamp and Die Set along
with the Aqua Pigments at


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...