Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Flower Doodle with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  It's almost a new year so I am ending my card making
year with something colorful!  I'll be using products from


Even though this stamp set is a 6" x 6",  I used it on my mini slimline!
Let me show you how I made my card!
I first stamped out my image and my sentiment and heat embossed them
I trimmed out my panel right up to the lines so overall it
measures 2 1/2" x 5 3/8".


I used the Chroma Mists to paint in my flowers.  I used 9 colors and had
fun mixing colors that I needed but didn't have.  For all of the leaves I
used Noble Fir, Bumblebee Yellow and Ornament gold to give a bit of
shimmer.


For the blue I used Blue Violet and a bit of white.


For the peachy orange I used Candy Apple Red, Yellow Orange 
and White.  To each of these mixes I also added a bit of Pearl for shimmer.


Later I would add some of my yellow mix over top of the center of
the flower in the upper right corner.  Next was my pink - Candy Apple
Red, White and Pearl.


To the pink mix I added some of the Blue Violet to make a
really pretty lavender.


I used a bit of Tinsel Blue and White for a more traditional blue.


And then I finished up my painting with Bumblebee Yellow, White
and Ornament Gold.


Next I prepared my base.  I cut a 6" x 6" square of Whitewash
card stock.  To that I added a panel of Cabbage card stock Just
1/8" smaller.  Then I backed my painted panel which measures
2 1/2" x 5 3/8" with black card stock with just a bit showing.


For my sentiment I had wanted to make a banner and have it
coming from the right side.  It did not look good.  So I fussy
cut the banner and it still didn't look good.  Finally I cut the 
words apart and that worked!  For some added sparkle I
used some Silver Prism Sequins.  And that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I love the colors and the
sparkle!  You can find the products I used for my card at


Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I can't believe
we are at the end of 2021.  Hopefully 2022 will see brighter
days head!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...