Sunday, November 21, 2021

Oh My Gourd and Winter Texture with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a card with combined
seasonal products from


The papers in this new Winter Texture are simply gorgeous!  And
the Oh My Gourd! is a favorite of the fall release!  Let me show you
how I created my card.  I started by stamping my main image onto
Strathmore Bristol card stock with Raven Detail Ink.


I wanted to use my Conte Pastel Pencils.  I bought the pastel
pencils, the tools I used (blenders) and my matte spray on


I used the Bristolboard because it has "tooth" to it.  It
essentially gives the pastel something to hold onto.  When I
do my paintings with soft pastels I use sanded pastel
paper - which is - you guessed it - sand paper, usually
about 400 grit.  So regular card stock would not work in
this instance.  I put down color.


Then I blended out the color with one of the silicone tools.

I layered color as much as I could.  But because there's not a whole
lot for the pastel to grab onto, I found that I could only get on several
layers.  I used all the fall colors in my set!


Adding more color next.

I was really pleased with the final outcome.


I sprayed my finished piece with the matte spray and then
die cut my piece.  This pastel does need a sealant.  After I
die cut it, I colored the white outline with 2 shades of
yellow Copic - Y28 and Y21.  Next I prepared my base.
I made my main base from Lunch Bag card stock and
cut it to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  I chose
several possible shades of the patterned paper.


I ended up using the red and the piece with the handwriting
on it.  I cut the red to 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".  My other piece was
4" x 5 1/4".  I popped up the pumpkin piece of foam tape.  For
my sentiment I used a stamp from the Fall Prairie Stamp
Set.  I masked off most of the words in that sentiment so
I could just have the word Thankful.  I heat embossed this with
Raven Detail Embossing Powder on a scrap of the brown
paper.  I adhered that to the left edge of the pumpkin piece.
I used just 3 gems that were a bit bigger than I normally use,
but the color was perfect!  And that finished my card!


I hope you'll give this project a try.  I love using different mediums
on my cards.  You can find most of the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's this ever gourd-jous!!!! I know nothing about pastels. It was fascinating to read your process to make this. It's definitely filled with love. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosy. I love pastels so much. Did you know that soft pastels are the closest thing to pure pigment on the market. The intense color is amazing!

      Delete

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...