Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Wooded Forest with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Fall inspiration continues and today I'm
showcasing products from:


This mini slimline card was so fun to make...all that sparkle!!!
Let me show you how I made my card!
I started with the background.  I wanted to stencil on the
Velveteen Glaze onto glitter paper.  I had a jar of Night Sky
and a jar of Happy Heather.  So, to get the purple/blue
color I needed to match my Glitterstock background panel,
I mixed the 2 colors together.


I used a slimline stencil called Wise Fragment.  I coated the back
of the stencil with Pixie Spray and adhered it to my glitter stock
panel that measures 2 3/4" x 6".


The stencil is made for a full size slimline card so it was a bit big!
Using a palette knife I applied the Velveteen Glaze and when I was
done, I immediately peeled off the stencil and washed it.


I was so pleased with how this looked!  It has some star shapes
in it, but also gives the appearance of falling leaves.  I set this
aside to dry and using the Wooded Forest Cutting Die, and
Midnight and Heather card stocks, I cut one from each color.


So my plan was to glue them together and off set them so the Heather
one would look like a highlight from the moon.  And that worked out
pretty well...this is a fairly intricate die.


Next I die cut a 1 1/4" circle from the Heather card stock and
using a blender brush, I used the Velveteen Glaze around the
edges and some in the middle of the circle to give my
moon some visual texture.

I also cut a few pieces to serve as the ground beneath the trees.  I
used the Midnight card stock and cut 2 pieces with wavy lines, then
adhered them one behind the other.


I made a mini slimline card base out of white card stock that
measures - when folded - 3" x 6 1/4".  I prefer these proportions
when making my mini slimline cards.  I covered the front of it
with the Midnight card stock, then my glitter panel.  I adhered my 
moon, then my trees, then the base piece.  I trimmed off a tiny bit 
of excess across the top.  I used a shimmer pen on the moon and
across the tops of each of the 2 layers of the ground.


For my sentiment I chose one of the Conversation Clippings 
and colored it with Copic markers to match the
color of the moon.  I adhered it to the bottom right corner.  I 
didn't add any additional bling to my card, so this was finished!


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today.  It's always fun to experiment with
your supplies and see what you can do with them.  Find the supplies I
used for my card here:


Thank you so much for stopping by today - I appreciate it!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...