Friday, September 24, 2021

To You with Joy Clair Designs

 


Hello everyone!  I've had such a fun time creating with Joy Clair Designs
this month as Guest Designer!  Today I'm sharing:


This digistamp set is simply gorgeous!  It's very plain and simple, but it's
so beautiful!  I kept my card simple and, if you know me at all, I like lots
of color...so sometimes designs call for something more on the softer side.
Let me show you how I made my card!  I first composed my design. in
the computer so it would fit onto a mini slimline.  I printed it out onto
Altenew 140lb Watercolor Paper.


I wanted to keep things simple so I used my Iuile Watercolor Dot
Cards to paint the blossom with.


I used a yellow and pink for my color palette and I was going for
something that matched the gold shimmer paper I was using for
my background.


The stem and leaves are solid (black in my case).  I carefully went
over these with a rose gold shade.  I didn't go right to the edges as
I wanted to retain some of the black, but just. enough to give the
leaves some color.  I knew I wanted the framework to be gold.  So
my first thought was to use a Gelly Roll Pen in Gold.  It was too
thick and I thought I had ruined my card, but then I remembered I
had gold peel-offs from Love From Lizi.  These look fantastic and
covered where the pen was misbehaving!


I also placed one of these at the top to make it look like it was
hanging.  I made a mini slimline card base from white card
stock.  I like my bases to measure 3" x 6 1/4".  I covered it
with gold shimmer paper.  I like this as an alternative to
full on glitter paper.


As a final embellishment I placed a small gem in a pink/yellow
hue at the top and bottom of the frame.  My colored panel was
1/4" smaller than the card base.  And that finished my card!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial and will give it a try!
I've had an enjoyable month Guest Designing for


Find this digital stamp and many more on the website!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy













2 comments:

  1. This is a VERY creative way of using Lizi’s peel off stickers! It makes the terrarium look welded in the corners. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...