Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Oh My Gourd! with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you some fresh fall
inspiration with products from:


I love focal point stamps like this.  There's so many things you
can do with them!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I decided I wanted to use shimmer gold paper for this project.
I have never heat embossed on this type of paper before, so
I gave it try!


I chose the raspberry embossing powder because it matches the
Marsala Color Companion Card Stock so well.  It did flatten out
the shimmer a bit but I knew once this was die cut you wouldn't
be able to see that at all.  But that is a caution to not over heat
when using your heat tool for embossing.


I also used a scrap piece of the shimmer paper and heat embossed
my sentiment.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this, but I
knew as my card took shape I could figure it out.
I die cut my pumpkin before coloring it.  Then I used my Copic
markers to add lots of color and quite basic shading.  I used shades
of orange into red for the pumpkin and yellow into orange for the
blossoms.  I used warm greens for the leaves and browns for the
pumpkin stem and vines.  The gold of the paper helped to keep
the warmth of the colors.


My card base is 5" x 6 1/2".  I used the same shimmer gold paper
first.  On top of that I used Marsala card stock.  Then another layer of
the gold and then the embossing green/gold piece of specialty paper.


I decided to use a banner die for the sentiment backed in the same
Marsala card stock (love that color!).  I mounted it on foam tape
and placed it on the upper right edge.  I also used foam tape for the
pumpkin.  For a little extra sparkle and shine, I used some
warm yellow gems and I used the Glitter Glaze of the Month -
Unicorn Sneeze! (how cute is that for a name!).  I used that on
the highlighted parts of the pumpkin and the center of the
blossom and I applied it with a Q-tip. 


 And that completed my autumn card!


I hope you have been inspired to my your own beautiful
fall cards!  I love making them - so rich in their colors!
You can find the products I used at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate
your interest and your support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...