Monday, September 13, 2021

On Your Special Day with Joy Clair Designs


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another card made with one
of the new Wonderfully release from:

This is such a stunning digital stamping set!  I felt this floral image
was just begging to be printed BIG!  Let me show you how I created
my card!

I composed my card in the computer and printed it out onto 140lb
cold pressed watercolor paper from Altenew.  I wanted to be able
to use my Karin markers for this project!


I composed my image and sentiment so it would fit onto a
4" x 6" card.  My card base is 5" x 7" and I love the wider band
around the center panel.
Next I watercolored my image using Karin markers.


Karin marker colors:
166 Canary, 283 Gold, 281 Olive Green
169, Indigo Blue, 247 Pale Violet
I scribbled color out onto my glass mat and picked up color with my
paintbrush.  I went quite soft with these colors and I didn't go
overboard with the shading.  I kept it quite simple.


I wanted to liven it up a bit, so I used dot cards from Iuile Watercolors on
Etsy.  The dots of paint are generous and the colors are quite fabulous!


I kept this bit of watercoloring simple as well.  I painted the overturn of
the petals of the flowers, the flower centers and the leaves.  I tried to use colors
that closely resembled the marker color.  While waiting for that to dry, I
prepared my card base.  The base is a side folding 5" x 7" white notecard.  I
used a piece of blue/purple patterned paper for the background paper.  


I adhered my printed panel onto this base.  For a bit of
definition I used black peel-offs from Love From Lizi around
the edges of the focal panel.


I added some rainbow gems and that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  This digital stamp set is just
so beautiful and could be used for many occasions.  You can find
this set and the rest of the Wonderfully Release at:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate your time and interest!

Betsy
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...