Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Flakes with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today we are going to be creating a winter card!
You know winter is coming!  I'll be using products from:


I had lots of fun creating this extra sparkly card!  Let me show you
how I made it!  I knew I wanted to use the Chroma Mists for this
large die cut!  I taped a piece of hot press watercolor paper  to my
hardboard and then using a 1 1/2" flat paintbrush I layered on my
color.


This was the first layer.  I let it dry completely and painted on
another coat.  I did this 2 more times making sure to dry inbetween
each coat of the Chroma Mists.  I let it air dry as there is apt to
be less warping when the paper dries naturally.


After it was completely dry, I used the Flakes die and cut
my main panel.


I needed to back this die cut and I tried quite a few things before
deciding to us the Blue Waves Foil.  I was the perfect backdrop
for this intricately foiled piece.  I also die cut some snowflakes
using the Simple Snowflakes Cutting Dies.  I cut them out of white
glitter paper.


I foiled a piece of toner paper* with the gorgeous Blue Waves
Foil.  I adhered the Flakes die cut on top of that and then cut
the excess away.


To embellish my card I adhered the 7 white snowflakes to my
die cut panel first.  


Next I adhered tiny snowflake sequins to the centers of
each of the white snowflakes.  Next I adhered tiny white crystals 
to the tiny snowflake sequins and to the points of the die cut snowflakes.


Using a leftover piece of the watercolor paper painted with the Chroma 
Mists, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Snow Scenes Stamp Set
with Alabaster Embossing Powder and die cut it with a banner die.


I adhered the die cut/foiled top of my card to a white standard A2 size
top folding card base.  I attached the sentiment to my card with foam
tape and my project was done!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.  I love all things sparkly and
shiny!  And this background die is simply gorgeous!
Find the products I used for this project at:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

*You can make your own toner paper by creating a word document
in the computer and filling the background black.  Then print out
on a laser printer on white card stock!

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...