Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Fall Forest with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Fall is almost here and today I'm sharing with you how I
made with Fall slimline card using products from


The colors in this collection are just gorgeous!  I love all of the touches
 of purple!  Let me show you how I made my card!
To start I knew I wanted to make a background panel for the beautiful big
floral sticker.  I taped a piece of watercolor paper (it was very cheap paper 😬)
and, using Aqua Pigments I blended on color.


This was the first pass.  No where near what I was going for, so I dried
it and added another layer.


Another 2 layers and I was happy with it!  I made sure to dry in between
each layer.  The Aqua Pigments I used were: Violet, Watermelon, Red
and Yellow Orange.  I used a 1" paintbrush to blend the colors.  When this
panel was very dry I die cut it with a slimline pierced oval die.


I had chosen the purple floral piece of paper from the Paper Collection and
a piece of Warm Sunset Color Companion Card Stock.
I made my slimline base from that Warm Sunset Card Stock.  That measures
3 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I die cut the purple floral paper with a die from my stash that
matched the oval die cut piece as it is pierced as well.


I adhered the floral paper to the base and then adhered my oval panel.


I adhered my big floral sticker and then decided I had room for one of the oval
sentiment stickers on the bottom.


It needed a bit of embellishment but not much.  First I used very thin gold
peel-offs around the purple flower panel.  This gives the panel some definition
and cohesiveness.  Then I added 5 small copper sequins and adhered a tiny
plum pearl in the center of each.


And that finished my slimline card!  I love these rich colors together
so much!  I would be so happy if we had fall for 6 months of the year!!!
You can find these beautiful autumn products and many more at


Thank you so much for taking time today!  I hope I've inspired you
to create something beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...