Sunday, January 3, 2021

Puffin Love with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing my first card with the
January 2021 Release with

Puffin Love



This set was a bit different for me to work with.  I've never made a puffin
card before!  But this card came together so quickly, I forgot to take
photos along the way!  LOL!  Let me show you how I made my card!

I first composed my car din the computer.  I have a MAC and I use WORD
to make my cards.  I used a formatted shape and to fill the shape I dropped
in a "picture" - in this case, the digital stamp image.  I sized my
sentiment and then printed it out onto Neenah 80lb. Classic Crest Solar
White card stock.


I kept my Copic coloring fairly simple only doing 2-color blends.
Copic colors used:

Black/Grays:  W0, W1, W3, C0, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100
Yellow/Oranges:  Y15, YR04, YR07
Background:  BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78. Glaze:  B97

I started layering on the background and my intent was to blend it all out.
When I started working with it, I quickly realized that it wasn't going to happen
that way.  So, I delineated the lightest shade for the sky, and the 3 remaining
colors of the BG family I drew lines of varying lengths going up into the
color above it to blend.  I glazed over the bottom portion with the B97 to
give it a bit more blue to match the paper better.
The paper is from Kaisercraft "Unchartered Waters" which I cut to
4 1/8" x 5. 1/2" and adhered to an A2 size top folding white card base.
My main panel measures 3 3/4" x 5" and adhered flat to the base.


I hope you enjoyed today's card.  It worked up so fast.  And I didn't
add any bling at all!  😯

As always, please visit Rachel Vass Designs.  She has beautiful
digistamps sets and has a release every month!
And if you have questions about working with digistamps, please
leave me a comment and we'll work it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your interest
and your support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...