Friday, December 18, 2020

Leafy Floral with Rachel Vass Designs


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more inspiration from the
December 2020 Release from




This is another beautiful floral design with great sentiments.  Let me show you
how I made my card.
As usual, I composed my design in the computer and printed it out onto a piece of
140lb hot press watercolor paper.


Because this is a sympathy card I wanted to keep the colors soft.  I used
my Prima Watercolor Confections Vintage Pastel Set.  I started with the
leaves by giving them a wash of the light green and I gave the center
of the big flower a wash of the yellow.


I love the colors of that watercolor set, but don't like the options for the shading, so I
switched to my regular watercolors for the shaded parts.  I gave a wash
of pink to one of the flowers, lavender to two of the flowers and the rest
in pale blue.


After everything had a wash of color and was dry I started my shading.
I also kept the shading shallow and not too dark.


Once my painting was finished I cut a panel using a dotted die that measures
4" x 5 1/4".  I mounted it onto a top folding A2 size white card base that I
had covered with a soft blue card stock.  I adhered a sheer ribbon knot to
the top left corner of the card and then popped up the die cut panel onto foam
tape and adhered it to the base.  As I final embellishment, I used Glossy
Accents on the middle of the flowers and a shimmer pen to the
ends of the stamens.  And that finished my card.


This design could be colored up so many different ways for a
completely different look and occasion!  Find this and many
other gorgeous designs at:


There is still a fabulous sale going on now!  The prices are
awesome!  Hurry and get your designs now!


Thank you so much for stopping by and your interest keeps me
creative!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...