Monday, November 30, 2020

A Gift of S'Mores with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I get to share this adorable S'More kit!  I
made this kit using products from:



This was such a fun project to make!  And I used a recycled paper bag!  Let
me show you how I made this cute kit!
I made my tag first.  I used a tag die from my stash and used Neenah Desert
storm cardstock.  I cut another tag using the woodgrain paper from the Winter
Cabin Paper Pad.   I used the red check paper from the Paper Pad to back the tag.
I also cut a narrow strip of the red for the front.


I stamped the tag with the s'more and the lettering.  I colored the
s'more with Copics.


Copic colors used:

Graham Cracker:  E31, E33, E35, E37
Chocolate:  B66, E49, E25, E77
Marshmallow:  Prismacolor Pencil - White #938
Red Lettering:  Primacolor Pencil - Scarlet Lake #923

I assembled my tag cutting the woodgrain piece so I would just cover the
top of the tag and adhering the small red check print piece along the edge of it.


I ended up adding a bit more to this tag later on in the project.
I wanted to make a panel for the bag.  I did layering of the dark brown wood grain
paper, the red buffalo check and the log end paper.  I die cut a stitched frame
from Neenah Desert Storm to go around the log end paper as that would be
my focal point for my fire and marshmallows and where I would
stamp my sentiment.


Next I stamped out my images for this panel.


I wanted the different faces on my marshmallows...they fit perfectly!  I colored
the marshmallows in white Prismacolor pencil and their little tongues in
Scarlet Lake Prismacolor pencil.


I colored the sticks and the logs around the fire with Copics:  
E31, E33, E35, E37, E47
Fire:  White Prismacolor pencil & Y08, Y35,
Y38, Y17, YR07, R14

I fussy cut these elements out right up to the line.  Then I adhered the
marshmallow faces onto the sticks (over the ones already there).  I
next stamped my sentiment onto the frame.


I also colored in that area in the logs.  The fire piece would be
sitting on top of it and it needed a bit of shadow.  I used E47 for this.
I then took a black water based marker and went around all of the
edges of the cut pieces.  Time to assemble everything!  I adhered the big panel
 to the paper bag.  I adhered my fire piece.  then I adhered my marshmallows putting
the liquid adhesive on the bottom of the stick only and placing a
foam square on the marshmallow itself.


I added Orange Peel Stickles to the tips of the flames and Gossy Accents to
the marshmallows.  The water based black marker I used reacted with the
Glossy Accents and bled a bit, but I think it made the marshmallows look a
bit toasted!  It was at this point that I decided to stamp a few of the hearts
onto the tag and add the extra piece of wood grain paper.  I colored in the
heart with the Scarlet Lake Primscolor pencil and added Glossy Accents
to those as well.  I also added Glossy Accents to the marshmallow.
A little twine to attach my tag to the bag and my project was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's project.  I love when I can use some
recycled and this would make the cutest gift for someone!

If you haven't been to Brutus Monroe in the last few days
hurry over now!  There are still MEGA SALES going on!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate you!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...