Monday, September 14, 2020

Stencil of the Month

 

Hello everyone!  Today's card features: 

Brutus Monroe

Stencil of the Month

Wow!  This stencil is gorgeous!  It's so detailed and produces such a crisp image!  It gave me the feeling of windy leaves.  But it could be other things as well!  

First I chose my papers and cut them all down to the sizes I needed them to be.I also stamped my image with Raven Detail Ink onto Neenah 80lb. Cream ClassicCrest card stock.  The stamp comes from the Autumn Essentials Stamp Set.

    
I put my base together first.  The yellow card stock was cut to make an A2 size top
folding card base.  I added a layer of very dark brown card stock 1/8" smaller.  The
patterned card stock measures 4" x 5 1/2" and is from the Autumn Foliage Paper pad.
 Then I cut a piece of the Cream card stock to use my stencil on.


For the stenciling I used a Pink & Main Ergonomic Blending Brush and some
Distress Oxide Ink in Speckled Egg.  I ended up cutting down this panel from
what it originally was.  The final measurement was 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".  I backed
this on a piece of the dark brown card stock as well with about 1/8"
showing on all sides.
Next I colored my image with Copic markers.


Copic colors used:
Stemsand Leaves:  BG93, YG95, YG67, BG96, E49, YG91
Berries:  R14
Small Pumpkins:  Y17, YR15, YR16
Large Pumpkin:  YR23, YR07, YR04
After the coloring was completed I fussy cut the image.
Before adhering the stenciled panel to my card, I stamped a sentiment on
it from the Extra Sentimental Stamp Set with a dark brown hybrid ink.  I adhered the 
pumpkin piece to the bottom of the stenciled panel and adhered it all to the center of 
the card.  As a final embellishment I added 5 small orange glitter enamel dots
and my card was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  I'm loving the fall card projects!  And you
can find plenty of inspiration and supplies at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate it!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment