Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Stencil of the Month with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I get to share a card made with the

Other Brutus Monroe Products used:

Let me show you how I made this fun colorful card!

I started by stenciling on medium pink card stock.  I used Velveteen Glaze in
Pink Flamingo.  I knew from previous experience that this would take a while
to dry so I did it first, although I did end up taking my heat tool to help it along!


You can see how glossy this is.  Yet, when dry, it has a very soft mat Velveteen
finish.  When it was dry I took one of the larger Circle Foundation Dies and
die cut a circle from my card stock.


Next I stamped the images I planned on using.  I used a butterfly from the
Butterfly Sentiments Stamp Set, a flower from the Mouse Friends Stamp Set,
and the sunflower and sentiment from the Sunshine Sunflower Stamp.  I stamped
these onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I colored this using Copic markers.  I had already chosen my background paper
from the Spring Flowers Paper Collection, so I used that to guide my marker
color choices.


Copic markers used:

Blue/Green:  BG10, BG13, BG15, BG01, BG05, BG07
Yellow:  Y02, Y15, Y38
Pink:  RV04, RV66
Yellow/Red:  YR00, YR61, YR15, YR04, YR07

I fussy cut these images once the coloring was done.  I next covered my
A2 size white top folding card base with a piece of patterned paper from
the Spring Flowers Collection.  The panel measures 4" x 5 1/4".  The
I added my die cut stenciled circle and adhered it to the right letting
about 1/2" hang off the size, which I then trimmed off.


Next I adhered my colored images and sentiment.  The flowers were adhered
flat and the butterfly and sentiment were popped up on foam tape.  I added some
coordinating sequins and my card was done!


This card was so much fun to make with all of the bright colors!  Find the
products to make this card and many more at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your interest
and your support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love


No comments:

Post a Comment