Saturday, August 1, 2020

Handful of Tulips with Rachel Vass Designs


Hello everyone!  It's New Release Day at

Handful of Tulips



Today I decided to go with a shaker!  This design lends itself nicely
to a shaker because Rachel has included a design in a circle!
So first I printed out the design.


With what I printed out on this one sheet of Neenah 80b Classic Crest
Solar White card stock - I could get 4 cards total!  But I decided to use one
of the circle designs.  I chose my background paper first.  This was so
I had a direction to go in for color on my design.  I used Farmhouse Market
by Carta Bella and I used Copics to color my image.


Copic Colors used:

Leaves/Stems:  G20, G12, G24
Yellow Tulips:  Y000, Y00, Y02, Y21
Pink Tulips:  R000, R00, R11
Blue Tulip:  BG70, BG11, BG72, BV17, YR31, BG75

I next printed out and trimmed up my sentiment.  In looking at
both the sentiment and the flower circle against the background paper
I chose, I decided it needed just barest hint of color around the edges.
I used E0000.


Next I adhered the the flower piece onto my card base.  For that base I
used White Wash card stock from Brutus Monroe - it's a wonderful
alternative to white.  I cut my patterned paper to 4" x 5 1/4" and die cut
a hole slightly smaller than my flower circle.


I adhered a piece of acetate over the die cut space then placed foam tape all
over the back.  I doubled the foam tape so it was thick.  I placed my sequins on
my flat card base over the flowers in a little pile and then I placed my patterned
paper over it.  I adhered my sentiment down flat underneath the shaker and
added a few dots of Crystal Drops in Sunlit Meadow.  And that finished
my card!


I love how this card came out!  You can find this New Release
and many more lovely designs at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles