Saturday, July 18, 2020

Fabulous Floribunda with Rachel Vass Designs

Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!  Today
is New Release day at Rachel Vass Designs:

Fabulous Floribunda



This is a wonderfully simple digistamp set that was a dream to create with!

First I composed my image in my computer by layering 2 of the stamps plus the
sentiment.  I printed it out onto the specialty paper.  The paper has a satin
finish and I wasn't sure how it would print out on my inkjet printer but I was
pleased with the outcome.  However, I was very careful to run my heat tool
over it a bit and just let it sit until it dried.


I started my coloring with the bud.  It was a small area to test out how this paper was
going to react with my Copic markers.  The ink was not quite dry in the middle of the
bud.  It didn't smear - the marker lifted the ink a bit.  After that I was very careful where
I colored trying to avoid the outline.


Because the paper did not absorb the alcohol ink from the pen, the blending was a
bit trickier, but I was very careful and only worked on small sections at a time.


Copic marker colors used:

Flower:  R14, R37, R59, RV69
Leaves & Stems:  W5, W7, W8

Despite the careful coloring, this project colored up quite quickly.  Once I was
finished with the coloring I cut the panel to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".  My base is an
A2 size top folding white card.  I adhered a panel of very dark brown card
stock over the entire front.  I adhered my colored panel over that centered.  Then
as a little embellishment I added brown mirri peel-offs on either side of the
middle panel and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  As I was looking at the card after I had finished,
I realized that you could recreate the background paper with Copic markers.  I don't 
think it would be that difficult.  Basically streaky shades of yellow, orange, red and
brown!  Interesting concept.

To find this design and other gorgeous floral designs go to:


Lots of floral goodness to be found there!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate your time and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment