Monday, June 15, 2020

Stamp & Stencil of the Month with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I 'll show you how I created this adorable card using:


To start I cut a panel of my background card stock to 4" x 5 1/4".  Using a
rectangle die measuring 2" x 3 1/4" I cut a panel out of the middle.  I placed the panel 
into the bigger rectangle and taped it on the back with low tack tape.  


I took the entire panel and used an embossing folder.  If I had done the embossing 
first, the die cutting would have flattened out the embossing.  Next I took my
Stencil of the Month and used Metallic Aqua Pigments in Arachnis,
Calla Lily, and Blueberry and sponged on color using a make-up wedge.




Once that was barely dry,  I applied crystal glaze to some of the embossed
bubbles and set it aside to dry.  Next it was time to use my Stamp of the Month!
I stamped it onto hot press watercolor paper with Brutus Monroe Detail
Raven Ink and let it dry for a few minutes.  
I painted it with Metallic Aqua Pigments using the following colors:
Calla Lily, Blueberry, Arachnis, Bubblegrum, Sunflower & Lime.


The shimmer covered over some of my black stamped lines, so I took a black
fine line marker and went over them.  I fussy cut my image leaving a narrow
what border around it except for the left edge which I cut flush.  Along that edge
I used a black water based marker.

I went back to my card and layered the smaller panel with some gold glitter paper, 
leaving about 1/8" showing.  I adhered the main panel to an A2 size top folding
card base made of the same aqua card stock.  I backed the center panel with
a piece of foam and then adhered it to the main panel.


Next I adhered my stamped image to the lower left of the center panel.  I glued
the left edge of that image flush and then popped up the rest of it on foam tape.
For the sentiment I took a scrap piece of the aqua card stock and used the
Blueberry aqua pigments on it, first with a brush and then I splattered it on.
After it dried I stamped the sentiment.  I cut a fish tail on the left side and
adhered it to the right side of the middle panel.  I addedbvcxz  some iridescent 
bubbles and that finished my card!


The subscription products this month are outstanding!  They are so much
fun to create with!  Check out Brutus Monroe for all of their
very affordable subscription products!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.












No comments:

Post a Comment