Monday, June 1, 2020

How to Adhere Ribbon Firmly and Successfully





Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing how to create cards with fabric ribbon as a 
focal point!  I really wanted to try to design a card with ribbon as a focal point.  Oftentimes 
fabric ribbon does not stick well with adhesives.  They either don't stick very well
and end up not adhering or liquid glue comes through the fabric of the ribbon.
I decided to use the Best Glue Ever and see what I could do.
First I laid out my materials.


I wanted my ribbons to create a pattern to be seen through a die cut.  I took a
piece of scrap card stock and cut it to 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".  I then put the


You can see that there is actually not very much glue on this piece of card 
stock.  It dried very quickly which is what I wanted.  The
Best Glue Ever remains very tacky when it's dry.  This provided an excellent
adhesive on which to place my ribbons.  I started by placing the ribbons
diagonally on my piece of card stock altering colors and textures.


The Best Glue Ever is so amazing!  The light blue ribbon with the swirls through it
is a sheer ribbon, yet you cannot see the glue underneath!  I kept altering the ribbons
until I had the whole piece of card stock covered.  Then I trimmed the excess ribbon.


I used a pale lavender A2 size top folding card base.  I adhered my ribbon panel
to the front of this.  I took my patterned paper and cut to 4" x 5 1/4" and die cut
a 3 1/2" heart out of it.  I covered the back of the patterned paper with foam tape.


I then placed this on top of my card base with the ribbon square and pressed it
down firmly.  I placed an ephemera piece I cut from the paper pack and adhered
that onto the lower left of the open heart.  I then placed a few gems here and
there to give my card a bit more sparkle and that finished my project!


The Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap worked so well for my
project!  I know things will stay firmly in place!

ScraPerfect Products used:





Other Products used:

Paper:  Kaiercraft Paper - Amethyst
Ribbons:  Paper Wishes
Lavender Card Stock: Brutus Monroe
Gems:  Darice
Heart Die

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for SraPerfect, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...