Saturday, June 20, 2020

Glorious Geometry with Rachel Vass Designs

Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing this very graphic card made with:


This was a very easy card to make and I wanted to make sure I maintained
the graphic look of it.  To me a graphic look = simplicity.

To begin I chose the background.  A pretty paper would have been nice, but
I love the graphic look of this washi tape by Altenew - Tuxedo.  It had the
right touch of a graphic look without overdoing it.  I covered a panel of
card stock (4" x 5 1/4") with this - twice, since the first time was crooked! 😞  
But that worked out ok.  This was not transparent so I simply put another layer 
on top.  I also put a bit of liquid glue underneath the top and bottom edges so it 
wouldn't lift up...if I'd been thinking I would just cut the tape long enough to 
fold over.  Next I printed off the design to my desired size.


Just this week I received my order of Karin Brushmarker Pro.  I wanted to use
them!  So instead of my usual Copic marker coloring I used the Karin Brushmarkers.
I keep the coloring very simple - no shading at all!


Colors used:  Canary, Fire Red, Pale Orange, Almond and Warm Grey I.  I used
a shimmer pen on all of the flower centers.  Next I fussy cut the image leaving a
very narrow white border.


I took my washi tape panel and adhered to an A2 size top folding white
card base.  I adhered the colored piece with foam tape.  As a last bit of
embellishment I added tiny iridescent orange triangles.
An that completed my project!


This was really a super quick card to put together!  Find this and
other beautiful designs at:


thanks for stopping by today - I appreciate your interest and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...