Monday, June 22, 2020

Die of the Month with Brutus Monroe



Hello Brutus Monroe fans!  Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!  Today
I'm sharing the new Die of the Month from Brutus Monroe!
This was a fun die to create with as it can take on a number of looks!  To me
it felt a bit Art Deco!

To begin, I cut my card panel using the die out of soft green satin mirriboard.
This type of card stock cuts intricate dies very well.

I really wanted the die to stand out and I tried a variety of background papers.  I
finally decided on plain white glitter card stock.  It had the most contrast - other
than black - and the glitter added a prettiness to it.
Next I heat embossed my sentiment.  This comes from the Extra Sentimental
Stamp Set.  This is such a great sentiment stamp set to have on hand.  There
are many sentiments that can be used for a variety of occasions.  I heat
embossed the "hello"using the Brutus Monroe Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder
onto pearlized vellum and then fussy cut it.  I also stamped and embossed the
set of 3 hearts and fussy cut them as well.


I adhered these elements to the center of my card.  I used an A2 size top folding
white card as my base.  As a final bit of embellishment I used a small iridescent
star adhered to the center of each of the corner medallions.  Again, added shimmer
but really no added color so the die cut really stands out.  And that
finished my project!


I hope you enjoyed today's project.  It has such a nice shimmer to it!
For the Die of the Month Subscription and other Subscriptions offered
by Brutus Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...